Saturday, January 31, 2009

One-Minute Timeout: We Are the Champions



I found the above video on the Warrior's Back-to-Back State Champion Women's Soccer Team Website. Last summer U.S. Rep. Judy Biggert gives her one-minute shout out to the Tribe. While we make fun of these "One-minute resolutions" legislatures use them to make constituents feel happy and proud. I did when I saw it.

www.c-spanarchives.org/congress/?q=node/77531&id=8586164

And even more Warrior Pride was seen when I read and watched about the 30 Warrior athletes that helped put on the first Family Fitness Night at Fry Elementary School. Politics were involved in the debate over where Fry graduates would eventually go to high school. But this is an example of governing by the people. These Warriors jumped right on President Obama's call to national service. I couldn't be more proud to be a Warrior!

http://web.mac.com/bergstromjulie13/WVSOCCER/FRY.html

No comments: