Monday, September 14, 2009

Obama on 60 Minutes


Watch CBS Videos Online
Despite the fact that Yousef and others said that 60 Minutes is a show for 70 year olds, I thought I'd link President Obama's appearance last night. Maybe you'll watch it here and post what you think.

This is the way the President can try to use the Bully Pulpit. It strikes me that Obama is going on television shows more than his predecessors (I can't even remember Bush going on 60 Minutes once), but it is still interesting to me and you can see it above. Here is a new poll (lots of questions and graphics) on Obamacare.

3 comments:

Sean K said...

I am skeptical of the WashP-ABC polls. I am always skeptical of ABC polls. Their terminology was not the best, WashP-ABC never assesses the importance a particular question is to their respondents. They should ask "do you support a optional government insurance plan to compete with private insurers?" Then they should follow that up with "how important is the presence/absence of this provision to you?"

A man I have become aquatinted with writes about this on his site:

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2009/09/when-you-assume-you-make-mess-out-of.html

Janesh R. said...

I will be honest, I have yet to watch this interview and will replay it from the DVR, but I think it's fantastic. Obama is doing what FDR did, he is using the media to his advantage. By effectively making these constant appearances, Obama displays the passion he has towards his policies and how much he wants to help better this nation. As far as polls go, I agree with Sean that I am a little skeptical about those.

Ryan Pen said...

Obama definitely needs to make his public appearances count in America today because the people expect a lot from him. He needs to show that he 100% for the people and will do all that he can to bring about change. Polls I think are sometimes not the best source for the public's opinion because like we learned earlier this year, there are a lot of ways to skew poll statistics and trick the public.