Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cult of Putin


Ken Wedding posted this compilation of the Cult of Putin that is still going strong in Russia, even if the economy is not:
Karmin Tomlinson, who teaches in Oregon City, OR, sent along these hints for understanding part of the Putin mystique.
If you want 28 seconds of The Putin Girls (just the song): I want a man like Putin
And here are the translated lyrics for "I Want a Man Like Putin"
My boyfriend is in trouble again,
He got into a fight and got stoned on something,
I am sick of him and so I told him, 'get out of here',
And now I want a man like Putin.
A man like Putin, full of energy,
A man like Putin who doesn't drink,
A man like Putin who wouldn't hurt me,
A man like Putin who wouldn't run away from me.
I saw him in the news yesterday,He was saying the world was at the crossroads,
It's easy with a man like him at home or out and about,
And now I want a man like Putin.
"Here's another music video: Putin forever - Путин навсегда
And yet another: Putin "the legend"
This is relevant to the political culture. Put it in context with the relationship with Medvedev and the security ministries.
Putin May Consider 2012 Presidential Run

In an electric four-hour solo performance on live television, Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said he will think about whether to reclaim the presidency — one of the strongest signals yet that he may run again for Russia’s top office in 2012.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You recognize, people unceasingly make comments when anything is predicted to happen in 2012, like “obviously that is if the faction is still here.” You do effectuate that the Mayans predict the faction will finish on Dec. 21 (or 23rd)? So in all good chance if anything is going to encounter in 2012 there is only the slimmest conceivability that the world hand down secure ended forward of it happens.
[url=http://2012earth.net
]2012 doomsday
[/url] - some truth about 2012