Monday, April 22, 2013

Comic relief for those with some Nigerian knowledge


On his blog, Ken Wedding found this clip from the Onion News Network in 2007. I'm posting it here for any of you who feel unsure about anything about Nigeria before we get started next week, know that you are not alone.

I hope you enjoy the humor, and understand that you will be more knowledgeable than most Americans -- at least about one topic by the time we get done

It's a satire of Sunday morning panel discussion shows where the panelists who have no idea what's going on in Nigeria, are expected to carry on a discussion anyway. One of the panelists quickly looks up Niger on his Blackberry and proceeds to describe Nigeria as a country whose economy is dependent on cattle exports. Later, panelists begin to argue about the merits of Nigerian leaders they've never heard of. (The moderator isn't always much more knowledgeable than the panelists.)

Nigeria at 50 (1960-2010)



Watch Part I above and Part II linked below and comment on your prediction of Nigeria's future.

Nigeria State of Independence Part 2 of 2

“Growing old is like being increasingly penalized for a crime you have not committed.”


~ Anthony Powell

Nigeria at 50: She's a bit too temperamental for me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Somebody necessarily assist to make significantly posts I'd state. That is the very first time I frequented your website page and so far? I surprised with the analysis you made to create this actual submit extraordinary. Magnificent activity!

My blog post waist to height calculator