Tuesday, February 26, 2013

How China is Ruled


Click chart to embiggen.

How China is Ruled: Party Elders

Make sure you check out this chart at the link above as you complete your China quiz (due Thursday). You can access the BBC China Profile here.

Will there be a change in how China is ruled under new leader Xi Jinping? Here's how the NY Times covered a historic trip to a remote, poverty striken village:

LUOTUOWAN, China (1/26/13) — Never before has grinding poverty had such a shiny silver lining. At least that is how the 600 corn farmers who inhabit this remote mountain hamlet in north China are feeling in the weeks since Xi Jinping, China’s new leader, dropped by to showcase their deprivation.

The rest of the story here: Leader’s Visit Lifts a Village, Yet Lays Bare China’s Woes

Video (4 min) here: http://nyti.ms/Vfc9fX

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there,

I have really enjoyed reading through your blog. I think you have some real quality stuff here and I love your insight into many of the things discussed on the blog. I think its definitely something worth sharing with more people and I believe I could help to get you more readers.

I am looking for passionate writers to join our community of bloggers and I was wondering whether you would consider sharing your posts on Glipho and become a member?

It might be a good idea to give your writing and your blog more exposure while having fun and meeting fellow writers.

Please check us out at glipho.com and drop me a line at hubert@glipho.com for any questions.

Best!
Hubert